Root Canal Therapy
What is a root canal?
- A root canal is one of the most common dental procedures performed to alleviate tooth pain and save the tooth from being extracted. Well over 14 million procedures are performed every year.
- This simple treatment can save your natural teeth and prevent the need for dental implants or bridges.
- At the center of your tooth is the pulp. Pulp is a collection of blood vessels, nerves, and connective tissue that serves to form the tooth’s root.
- Infection of the pulp can be caused by trauma to the tooth, deep decay, cracks and chips, or repeated dental procedures.
- Root canal treatment involves removing the diseased pulp from the root canal which is then thoroughly cleaned/shaped and sealed. The actual roots themselves are left intact and not removed at all. If the roots were removed, you would no longer have the tooth.
- Success rates for root canal treatment occurs in 90-95% of cases. Most treatment can be completed in one visit but occasionally two visits may be needed depending on the complexity of the case.
Root Canal Symptoms
- Tooth pain (dull or sharp),
- lingering pain to cold/hot liquids,
- pain to biting/chewing,
- swelling of the gums or face,
- visible injury to the front teeth.
- With any of above mentioned symptoms, your dentist or endodontist will most likely recommend non-surgical root canal treatment to eliminate the diseased pulp and resolve your symptoms of tooth pain.
Are you having tooth pain or any of the symptoms above?
Contact our office today to schedule an appointment!
What happens after treatment?
When your root canal therapy has been completed, a record of your treatment will be sent to your restorative dentist. You should contact their office for a follow-up restoration within a few weeks of completion at our office. Your restorative dentist will decide on what type of restoration is necessary to protect your tooth. It is rare for endodontic patients to experience complications after routine endodontic treatment or microsurgery. If a problem does occur, however, we are available at all times to respond. To prevent further decay, continue to practice good dental hygiene.
How much will it cost?
The cost associated with this procedure can vary depending on factors such as the severity of damage to the affected tooth and which tooth is affected. In general, endodontic treatment is much less expensive than tooth removal and replacement with an implant or a bridge.
Highlands Ranch Endodontics PC
Patient Review By Carol C
Dr. Patel and his entire staff were courteous, friendly, and professional. I was told about every step before and during the procedure and they finished in the time they quoted me. Very caring.
- Carol C
Patient Review By Eric H
Dr. Patel is extremely gentle and caring with his patients. Root Canals often have a stigma of being extremely painful and difficult, my experience with Dr. Patel was the exact opposite. I would recommend Dr. Patel to anyone that needs this type of work done.
- Eric H
Patient Review By Donna B
A tremendous practice that prides itself on professionalism and an extremely high level of expertise. My root canal issue was made more complicated by the fact that I have Dystonia which makes my head shake. Dr. Patel came up with a solution that allowed the root canal issue to be solved without causing me any undue stress. All the staff was highly qualified and most friendly. I would recommend this practice to both friends and family.
- Donna B
Patient Review By Courtney W
I want to thank the Office of Dr. Patel for being professional, timely, and caring. I would/will recommend this office to anyone needing work done on their teeth.
- Courtney W
Patient Review By Mark W
Very impressed and would recommend them to everyone
- Mark W
Patient Review By Ellett E
My husband and I both highly recommend Dr Patel, we've both had root canals performed by him. We never felt rushed, the Dr was very patient and thorough in explaining the procedure. We also really appreciated how down to earth he was. His staff was friendly, courteous, knowledgeable and the office was a very welcoming and professional environment. It was very evident that patient care is the highest priority, not just the money. I can't say enough good things about him or his staff.
- Ellett E
Patient Review By Patrick M
It's rare that I have a service experience that is perfect, but this may have been it. The people at the front desk were professional, welcoming, and courteous. Dr. Patel took plenty of time to answer questions and explain how the procedure works. I never felt rushed, which helped me feel comfortable during would could be a stressful procedure. Honestly, the most pain I felt was just having sore jaw muscles for a few days because it was open so long during the procedure.
- Patrick M
Patient Review By Simon B
Developed a tooth ache the night before, went to my dentist the next morning who referred me to Dr. Patel. They saw me that same day. I walked in and got sat in the chair in less than five minutes. Everyone was very professional and super nice. It happened to be my birthday that day. Not the best birthday I've had, but one of the best presents! I was pain free and was able to sleep that night. Priceless! To get same day treatment, with no wait, and all with friendly smiles , well that's just great service!. Would recommend to anyone.
- Simon B
Patient Review By Vandy B
Couldn't be happier with the care start to finish... Dr. Patel and his staff were top notch. I would highly recommend!
- Vandy B
Patient Review By Tamara
My experience was so great - much more pleasant than I had anticipated! Dr. Patel explained things well and made the procedure as comfortable as possible. I would highly recommend Dr. Patel and his very friendly staff!
Patient Review By Daniel R
I would recommend Dr. Patel and his office to any one who is in need of a Root Canal procedure. While any dental work is uncomfortable, he did his best to lessen the overall apprehension and make the entire procedure as smooth as possible.
- Daniel R